Okay folks. I may be jumping the gun, but I can be notoriously impatient. I want to here about everybody's resolutions regarding your writing. And maybe later in the year, if you've met your resolutions or not, you can update us.
My resolutions for 2012:
1) Land an agent (you hear that Barbara Poelle?)
2) Finish revising my current WIP
3) Complete a first draft on a new story by end of 2012.
By the way, if you've habitually not followed through on your resolutions, now is the chance to change that! Who needs to give up chocolate or caffeine when you can have a resolution about WRITING! :)
I didn't meet some of my writing resolutions for 2011...Things change faster than I can keep up sometimes!
Basic resolutions for 2012:
1. Write and submit a novel to one of my two "dream publishers"
2. Make sure the 5 submissions I promised my editor get to him on time
3. Figure out how to persuade schools to let me talk to their students...I've been working on this for almost two years and the only success I've had has been with my daughters' schools (where they let me come in because my daughters go to school there.)
I need to get myself back into the habit of writing, of doing it regularly rather than the erratic way I've been doing it of late.
My New Years resolutions for 2012
One can only hope.
I love New Year's, it's my favorite holiday! Though I've never made resolutions on purpose, I do have goals for the next year. In 2011 I've already written a book, gotten married, traveled to the country I've always wanted to visit, and kept up a consistent workout routine since August. Next year basically revolves around making money, haha!
1. Make my MS publishing ready.
2. Catch an elusive snuffleupagent.
3. Write two more books.
4. Launch a professional author/business website.
5. Find work as a copy/developmental editor.
Also...I really do need to devote more time to my blog. I've been bad about it lately.
It sounds like you got a lot done in 2011! And I hear you, making money in 2012 would be sweet! I can't wait to be able to self-publish and do marketing at last!
I like this chance to put my writing resolutions in writing :-) something about seeing them in Black & White.
I resolute to:
--> finish the WIP I've got going on by March! It's been on my desk too long already, and I just can't seem to start anything else until this one is done (which makes me think maybe i should resolute to not be so obsessed with this one ;-). Anyways, I'll be done by March!